December 06, 2005

Milestone

I never thought I'd make it this far.
I have a habit of giving up on things after a short period of time. Boyfriends. Hobbies. Beliefs. Medications. "Work Release" Programs. Rehab.
But a year later, and here I am. Still whining into the void of cyberspace.
And there you are. Still reading. Fascinating.
It's a little weird to me. I have tried to keep a journal before, but I always get bored and give up. Perhaps because my neurotic need for attention wasn't been fed in the pages of my private, leather bound tome, whereas here I can mark the days of my life and still have people comment, read, give advice, tell me I'm funny, tell me I'm an idiot, tell me that for just $10 a month I can get low low car insurance rates, and for even less I can get a swell Rolex replica!
Yes, a year and a week ago, I somehow (and I wish I could remember how) stumbled onto
Vividblurry. I spent the next 3 days ignoring work and reading everything Toby had ever written. And decided that, hey, I can do that. So I did.
This little corner of the internet has actually given me quite a bit: I've made some great new friends, both in New York (Hi Allison! Hi Jules! Hi BR!) and in those other places that aren't New York (Hi Everyone else!). I've been able to start writing again. I've been able to keep friends far away and even those I don't see in New York up to date on whatever it is I'm bitching about now.

A little part of me was considering making this, my 300th post (take a beat to love the synergy), my last. To make this a year long experiment, and then, like Jeff Buckley, drunkenly wander into the tide and leave you all with only the brief catalogue of genius produced in my regrettably short career. Then I realized that most of what has come thus far is really just crap, and it wouldn't actually be going out in a blaze of glory. In point of fact, it would be much more like Elvis dying in a sequin jumpsuit on the toilet. And while "Suspicious Minds" and "Viva Las Vegas" are great tunes, they really aren't how we want to remember the King.
And so, with you all in tow, we enter my "Chamber of Secrets" year. And if you thought I was an amusing drunk before, you ain't seen nothing yet. So Stay tuned! Lots more to come, including Ben Affleck, and the award for Best Costume Design when... shit. Got confused there. Wrong notes. Where the hell is my assistant?!
Thank for hanging around, Bitches.

6 Comments:

Blogger acw said...

Holy shit! 1 year, and an awesome new job. Brilliant!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

-Toby, vividblurry.com

5:18 PM  
Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Congrats! Keep it up!

9:00 PM  
Blogger MooCow said...

*stands and applauds*

11:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Last post??? *clutching pearls*

Tom Riddle returns. *hulking sigh of relief*

We love you.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean, you never thought you'd make it this far? Did you really think you'd get tired of "talking" and being praised for it?

We love you. Don't stop. Never stop. Number 1!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home