November 01, 2005

Return To Form

Well, that was interesting, wasn't it?
Looking back on the last month, I became a political conspiracy theorist nutjob so gradually that I wasn't really aware of it until I woke up one morning wearing a tinfoil hat and realizing I had cupboards filled with canned food and handguns.
Harriet's gone, Alito is in, and who knows what will happen? I'm not a huge fan of him, but at least we know where this guy stands on something. Do I think it was amazing misdirection that despite the President's assurance that he would "Take time and deliberate" over his next nominee, this nomination was announced just in time to knock Scooter Libby's indictment from the headlines? Yes, I do. But I'm not going to go all wacky over it here.
You see, I find that I go in stretches. A maudlin self-absorbed pity party for one month. A politcally charged rant for another. Pop Culture obsession for a week or two. It could be all the drugs have ruined my attention span. Or it could be -Hey look! Unicorns!

In the interest of getting things back on track (It's like that season of Alias when it got all crappy and they abandoned the Rimbaldi plotline for that crap with Vaughn's wife and Syd's sister and Sloane was all good and shit) I give you:

Weekend Recap: The Much Longer Than Just A Weekend Edition
(Mind you my memory isn't what it used to be, so things may be a tad out of order here)
  • Renovations are almost complete. I'm awaiting a table, chairs, and some art. Huge Thanks to Allison and her wonderful sister for their furnishing help.
  • Sister is moving again. It turns out her roommate was an abusive little fuckstick who may or may not go for a swim in the East River sometime in the very near future. If he does end up washing up on the Jersey Shore, I expect each and every one of you to corroborate my whereabouts.
  • Bradders was in for the weekend from London. There are few people in this world who can make me feel like a better version of myself, or with whom I can simply just enjoy sitting there talking about nothing. I had conversations the likes of which I have not had in some time, had more fun than I have had in a considerable amount of time, and now that he's gone, am a bit sadder than I have been in a long time. Odds are that I'll be in London for New Year's (barring financial issue), which is one of the most promising prospects I've had to look forward to since last year's trip to London. (Rhys: I took good care of him and by now he's returned to you in one piece. It's your responsibility to keep him in good condition until I get there. Can't wait to finally see you in person!)
  • Bartender turned 28 last week. I will spare you the whiny details of his birthday party. Lines and I had a few drinks (OK, I had Several) and Bartender continued his campaign of ambivalent terror.
  • Madonna's new song has moved its way onto my top 25 played. See above, RE: Bartender
  • Brother, Sister, Sister-In-Law, Leslie, LG and I saw Spamalot last weekend. Absurdity is Effing Funny. The lady in front of me with the big hair who obstructed my $76 view of the stage? Not so funny.
  • My parents are insane. Divorce is not so fun when you're too old for them to buy you gifts in an attempt to curry your favor and win your allegiance and/or love. Where the hell is my gameboy advance? Huh?!

Pictures of the apartment to appear soon. I promise. As soon as it's done.

In the meantime, it's fall (at least for the one to two weeks we get it in Manhattan). I'm in good spirits. Enjoy it while it lasts, Bitches.

3 Comments:

Blogger A* said...

And....

We talked to each other every 10 minutes.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yer welcome.

...

WestElmrules! Woo!

7:08 PM  
Blogger deanne said...

Make sure you book your tickets for where ever you're going on NY's Eve *pronto*. Places at bars/clubs/events sell out uber fast here.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home