October 27, 2005

Harriet, We Hardly Knew Ye. No, Really. We Didn't Know Shit.

Harriet Miers has withdrawn her nomination to the Supreme Court. Or, rather, the Bush administration asked her to withdraw so that the President wouldn't expose what an idiot he is (too late) by admitting he nominated someone completely underqualified.
In a pretty shrewd move which was no doubt engineered by Karl-soon-to-be squealing-like-a-pig-in-prison-they-like-those-chubby-boys-new-meat Rove, the White House started a whole flap last night about release of documents that are protected by Executive Privilege, documents that might have given the slightest glimpse into Harriet's views on anything at all. Now having an argument on which to hang their hat (and Harriet out to dry), Rove's winged monkeys had Harriet withdraw, citing that the release of the documents or fighting against the release would be too big a burden on the White House. Lord knows that already have their hands full washing W's crayon drawings off the walls and providing Cheney with fresh kittens to eat.
And so Harriet Miers becomes a footnote. Another failed Bush II experiment. I'm actually sad to see her go. I feel bad for Harriet, considering the entire country just spent the last few weeks tearing her to shreads publicly.
Plus, I was interested to see just how far she'd take those snappy pantsuit/scarf combinations.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, poo. I was really hoping that she would pioneer the Tammy Faye-look revival. Speaking of another nominee...

1:29 PM  
Blogger Stick said...

I once had a kitten who would swat my crayons off my desk and then chew on them. Now, I have a cat that knows where the jugular is.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Ryon said...

Well, I don't follow politics so I have no clue.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home