September 06, 2005

Scary, Maddening, Tragic

I've been shying away from Hurricane coverage. Mostly because I can't deal.
And I will continue to not deal.
Cyrus, on the other hand, addresses what happened (and what failed to happen) in New Orleans so simply and precisely.
At this point I'm beyond being disgusted. Beyond being saddened. I'm terrified by the implications. I'm terrified that the people who lead us are capable of letting things like this happen.
I'm not saying that they were responsible in the least. But the Three Stooges Style response that precipitated the deaths of thousands scares me more than any threat of terrorism ever has.
God help the victims.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know someone is helping the victims. And her name be OPRAH.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home