August 26, 2005

Lost In Love

Another Friday, another morning spent realizing I'm still a bit drunk from last night and wondering A) How I got home, B) What I said and who I said it to, C) Where I got the keys to a police cruiser.
And then the day got infinitely better, as my officemate decided that today is "Wuss Rock Friday", set her iPod on
Air Supply, dimmed the lights and cranked her speakers up.
Because when it's been a long week and you're still a little nauseated from the prior night's activities, a little Australian falsetto can suprisingly be just what you need. Mind you we've locked the office door while we rock out (can you actually "Rock Out" to Air Supply? Maybe only during those moments when Deep Voice Guy trails off the verse and High Voice Guy drives the chorus home like a minivan from soccer practice.), just in case anyone stops by. It might be slightly embarassing to be caught mid-air guitar solo while she holds a lighter up in the air.

But until we sneak out out at 5 today, we'll be making love outta nothing at all, with brief interludes of making all the stadiums rock.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a line in All Out Of Love that reads "What are you thinking of...?" This on top of Songs to drink bleach to makes me think you need a vacation. xx

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ryon said...

I concur with bradders0201, that is just a sad sad day. Did you just watch "The Wedding Date" or something?

12:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I draw the curtains and air guitar pullout-couch style whenever I hear me a little Air Supply...don't let the haters bring ya' down.

Oh, and Hall & Oat(e?)s. Rock on.

4:05 PM  
Blogger dopeybugs said...

You most definitely CAN rock out to Air Supply!! Was on a 3.5 hour trip Saturday, and decided to put in AS, and my friend Kate and i TOTALLY ROCKED OUT...air guitar and all. We had stopped at a gas station, and got many, many odd looks from passerbys-which was hilarious. They have just never been privy to the greatness that is Air Supply, which is truly a tragic thing.

Rock on, Air Supply.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Air Supply. They popped my concert cherry.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home