August 12, 2005

Not So Fast There, Buddy

One of the downsides of having a perk like flying for free is that you have to do so standby, and sometimes between the time you leave for the airport and the time you get there, the 19 available seats on the flight will fill up, and you will have spent 5 hours at the airport just to turn around and go home again.
It sucks, but it isn't the end of the world. I once spent 12 hours on Valentine's Day trying to get a flight to Vegas, only to come back to the city and realize I had given a friend my apartment for the weekend and had nowhere to stay. Luckily a friend of mine let me sleep on his floor. And by sleep on his floor I mean his boyfriend, who had given him a ring for Valentine's Day not 6 hours prior, was bartending that night, and we ended up having drunken sex while he was still at work. I used to be a not so good person. I suppose karma is finally catching up to me.)
Oh well, there's always next weekend. And besides, the hotel refunded my room in full, and Mom was at the airport (she had just worked a flight and was heading home) and gave me $50 to spend on vacation. So I may not be going anywhere, but now I have $50 to waste on booze tonight.
My plan is to go out and buy a case of Corona, sit on my couch, and invite the Puerto Rican busboys from the diner downstairs up for the evening. Virtual Vacation here I come!

7 Comments:

Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Aw, MAN! Serious bummer, unless the busboys are tres cute.

Are they? Voyeristic and snoopy bitches in Michigan want to know.

7:58 PM  
Blogger A* said...

Aw pumpkin. That makes me heart sad.
But WOOT for the $50!!!

Love ya, mean it...

12:14 AM  
Blogger Ryon said...

No jet lag with the backup plan! Woot!

1:43 PM  
Blogger quicksand said...

THIS POST WILL BE REMOVED BY A BLOG ADMINISTRATOR. SO, READ IT QUICKLY. THANK YOU

1:46 PM  
Blogger Dxx said...

Now Now, Bruce.
I deleted a Spam Comment. It was roughly novella length and all about cat insurance.
I would never delete anything pointed from a reader.

1:54 PM  
Blogger quicksand said...

SURE, I'M GONNA' SAY SOMETHING LIKE, HOW MANY LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES DOES A CAT NEED. AND YOU'LL SAY.......THERE'S A CLAWS THAT REQUIRES NINE.
WITH THAT, AND MY OBSESSION WITH CAPITALIZATION, I'LL BE RIDICULED BY YOUR FAN BASE.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No me gusta! What a bummer, kiddo. I'm sorry your plans went awry. Karma's a bitch. I MEAN...

karma is pretty and smells good and is really really niceandwonderful.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home