March 01, 2005

All Work and No Play Makes This A Dull Blog

My creative juices are relatively tapped. Possibly because I spend all day in a windowless gray room at a gray desk on a gray carpet typing on a gray keyboard in front of a white screen looking at white papers, and keeping myself sane (such as I am) takes everything I have in me.
Unfortunately I have somehow established myself as the "fun guy", so the other 17 members of my team look to me to keep them sane as well.
"When you left lunch, no one had anything left to say."
"Make me laugh. I'm bored."
"Dance Rummy! Dance!"
And so I use up all my good blog stuff trying to keep everyone from going all Lord of the Flies in the office.
If you really want your Dan fix, I suggest IMing me between the hours of 9:30 A.M. and 9:30 P.M., (EST) (and yes, those are now my hours). I promise I'll ignore my coworkers and so-called "client matters" to give you some kind of real time blog entry.
Or tell you to leave me alone so I can go back to reading a book and throwing my stressball over my cubicle wall seconds before IMming the girl on the other side "Heads Up".

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesster said...

Come work with me! Please o please!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Dxx said...

You just want another Dan around so it can be Dan v. Dan v. Dan in some sort of steel cubicle match, which I venture to say I would win. Because I fight dirty.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home