January 13, 2005

A Little Traveling Music, Please

Tomorrow's the day.
After years of watching movies and TV, I've learned that the song playing when someone struts out of a job they've just quit is of the utmost importance. OK, due to the fact that I did my first leg workout in a month yesterday it may be more of a pained limp out of the office than a strut, but we're getting off topic. We're talking music here.
So what song should be on my internal (and actual) soundtrack? So far I've come up with the following options:
  1. Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve). Because I want to be Reese Witherspoon at the end of Cruel Intentions. Yes. I'm Gay.
  2. Flashdance (Deep Dish). Because it MAKES you strut.
  3. What Hope Have I (The Sphinx). "Get myself an education. Find myself a job to work in. Build myself a better life. Oh Lord What Hope Have I?"
  4. My Imagination (Ceevox). Because Leah and I have been Keepin' On Keepin' On for years now.
  5. Land of The Living (Kristine W.). Yes. I'm that Gay.
  6. Believe (Jocelyn Brown), I don't really need to explain this one, do I?
  7. Serious/Trouble Don't Last Always/Reap (Vernessa Mitchell). Because I want Vernessa to follow me around like a one woman Greek Chorus every day.
  8. Movin Up (Inaya Day). For Caroline, Victor, and the rest of the Family, who got me through the last year.

What do you think? Any Other Suggestions?

I realize that planning my exit music makes me the gayest man in history, but let's face it: you don't get many chances to plan this kind of stuff, and you only get to walk out once. The wrong music could totally fuck it up.

Think about it. In the movie of your life, would you want your big dramatic exit to be underscored with Michael Bolton's "Time Love and Tenderness"?

See? This is an important decision.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home