December 20, 2005

Higher Math

A lot has happened in the last week that would make for some pretty decent blogging - I saw someone get hit by a cab, I saw Brokeback Mountain, I went to Puerto Rico, where I watched a woman actually try to get $8.55 from an ATM (This after attempting $29, then, upon reading the legend "Money only available in multiples of $10", taking out $10, then selecting "Make another Transaction", taking out another $10, and then attempting the $8.55. The best part? She worked in the store where the ATM was located. Did it not cross her mind that maybe the absence of slot-machine-esque clanging of change on a daily basis 10 feet from her register might be an indicator that the ATM doesn't give change?!). Bartender left for 3 weeks in Venezuela. I'm heading home for the holidays. I'm winding down at work (read: doing nothing and leaving early all week).
But I can't really bring myself to write anything all that in depth. Just don't have the energy right now.
I'll be back. Probably when I'm so bored at home over Christmas that I want to eat my own head (Chances of that happening when I'm spending the holiday with my recently-divorced father and recently-widowed aunt? Slim to None). And I'm leaving for London immediately after I come back to New York.
I'll be around. Keep watching this space.
In the meantime, Happy Holidays!
Yeah, I said it: Happy Holidays. Because, contrary to Religious Right Wingnut belief, there are various celebrations occurring round the world during this season. Not just Fucking Christmas. Hell, New Year's Eve is considered a holiday, so that validates it right there.
So Happy Chanukkah (Hanukah? Hannuka? Jew Week?)! Happy Kwanza! A Festive Looney Scientology Aliens Are Living In Me And Depression is Not Real and Sure a Frontal Lobotomy Sounds Great Day! Happy New Year! Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday Audrey! Happy Birthday Chris!

Peace On Earth, Bitches.
See You Soonish.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Merry Christmahanakwanzakah to you too Dan. Enjoy your time off.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wanna' hear about Puerto Rico NOW, Deddy!. (And you though being with your family would be bad. Just warming you up, darling.)

Happy New Year's Kwanzmisukah.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hope you have a jolly good time in London old chap (seriously we ALL talk like that over here).

Enjoy it!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home