November 09, 2005

I Will NOT Title This Post "London Baby!"

It doesn't take much to get me to spend money I don't have. Case in point: Bradders visited from London. I realized how much I miss London. I realized just how tired I am of New York and how much I want to do something different for New Year's this year. I looked at tickets online. They were ridiculously expensive. So I waited 24 hours. They did not go down in price. My officemate Lynn got tired of listening to me hem and haw (and whine) over tickets and said "Jesus, book the flocking thing! What good will that money do you just sitting in the bank? You can pay your bills with other paychecks. Go to Effing London!"
So I'm going to Effing London. December 28 through January 3.
Mind you I haven't really settled my arrangements for accommodations yet. But I'm certain my nearest and dearest British friends wouldn't let me freeze on the streets (not to mention I have learned my lessons from Houseguest and know EXACTLY how to stay at someone's apartment and when my welcome is worn). Plus, when you consider it, we won't even be sleeping on the night of the 31st, so that's like 4 nights. And if my last trip to London is any indicator, we won't be sleeping at least one other night as well. So really, one lucky friend will only have to put up with me for like 3 nights. And what's 3 nights of Dan on the couch? Nothing. A Pleasure. An honour, really (Notice that much like Madonna, I'm starting to practise my English spelling and accent now. I'd like to really capture the local colour before I get there.). And if my friends won't take me in, there's always the Happiness Hotel. And if you don't get that reference, stop reading right now. We are no longer friends.
Booking the flight really was the hard part. I am not above taking odd airlines (Aerligus, anyone?) or stopping over in the more exotic destinations if necessary (I hear Reykjavik is lovely this time of year). But it ws a bit tough justifying spending roughly 1/2 a paycheck on a plane ticket.
You'd best believe I am taking FULL advantage of Virgin's free alcohol policy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stick said...

Ah yes. I remember the last time I brought free alcohol to a virgin. Almost cost me half my paycheck for the rest of my life.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Stick said...

Oh yeah. Lufthansa has a November 3rd only sale of 25% off to Europe. As in, Newerk to London = $162 OW.

Thank you and Good Night.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You? Are flying on...psssshhhh...Virgin? Airlines?

BWAAHAHAHA.

Sorry. Yes. Alcohol free. hehehehhe. good stuff.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home