May 02, 2005

Wit's End

I'm cranky. I'm hungry. I'm completely adrift.
I'm going to L.A. at the end of the month, because if I don't get out of New York I'm relatively certain I am going to hurt someone. I made Sister cry yesterday. It was pointless.
I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing anymore. Is it wrong to know that your job is dead end when you've been doing it for less than 4 months, but to feel trapped because you have few other options that will pay your bills?
Is it wrong to want to up and leave New York, but have no idea where you want to go?
My neighbor upstairs (Hi Annie!) is now working on a reality show where they give someone their dream job and see how things turn out.
I was thinking about trying to weasel my way onto it, except I haven't the slightest clue what my dream job is. Can I get a job traveling back and forth between London, Italy, LA and New York? How about listening to music? Writing would be a dream job, but I don't think I'd be very good at it outside these little bursts of commentary; I have absolutely no gift for narrative thread or character development.
So if anyone wants to throw out ideas about what I should do with my life or if I should move to LA or maybe if when I head for London in August I should just hop a train to Eastern Europe and disappear, let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger A* said...

Dan lies. He does have a gift for writing and he is fabulous at it.
Honey, I think you need a vacation, some time to clear your head and rationally think again. I have been where you are and Chirst Jesus does it suck. You'll figure it out and none of us needs to tell you that.

10:27 AM  
Blogger quicksand said...

HEY...YOU'RE A MAMMAL. A MEMBER OF THE TOP OF THE MOOD CHAIN.
THIS IS THE PRICE ONE MUST PAY TO BE IN THE CLUB. YOU'RE NOT MISERABLE, JUST SMART. NO OTHER SPECIES SUFFERS ANGST.
WE'RE THE ONLY BREED THAT WORRIES ABOUT BILLS, RELATIONSHIPS, LEAN-BODY-MASS, GLOBAL WARMING.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR HAPPINESS, DON'T CHANGE JOBS, CITIES, OR EVEN COUNTRIES.
A CHANGE OF SPECIES IS THE ONLY WAY OUT.

12:42 PM  
Blogger quicksand said...

SEE WHAT I MEAN... NO OTHER SPECIES WOULD FRET OVER MY TYPING ECCENTRICITY.
DID I COMMIT A CAPITAL OFFENSE?
I REST MY (lower) CASE.


* SHOULDN'T IT BE 'EYES' BLEEDING?

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home