May 18, 2005

It's All About Me

So I'm not certain what to do with these blank pages of late.
Blogging can be an exercise in pop culture, an ongoing discussion of hobbies, or a journal.
And I'm not so sure where I want The 6th Floor to head anymore.
Granted, many of my friends have told me since I've become a hermit that my blog is the only way they can keep up with the events of my life (actually most of them put it something like "I can't believe I had to find out about *insert event in Dan's life here* by reading it in your effing blog!"). And I don't want to deny them the simple pleasure of checking in with me on a daily basis. I consider myself to be the main character in several people's daily serial soap opera. Except if this was a TV soap I would so have a better body. And an eye patch.
And there are those friends I rarely get to speak with (Hi Ian!) and those I have never laid eyes on (Hi Rhys!) whose only link into my life for long stretches of time is the collection of self-absorbed (Hi A*!) ramblings I leave here.
I have attempted to keep a balance of cultural commentary, my own stories, pop trash, Pope bashing and gay related happenings. And I'm not so certain that the scales haven't been tipped lately given my current mental place (Think of me as being in an emotional New Jersey. It's not great, but it also isn't Staten Island).
I guess I'm feeling like I've been putting too much personal stuff up here. Not necessarily detailed, but my mood is bleeding in far too much, and I find myself whining more than picking out news and events from day to day life. OK, a part of it is that I can't become as fascinated with Britney and Paris as some of my fellow bloggers. But the constant barrage of inner monologue is making me feel a bit naked (Normally naked Dan is a good thing, but I'm definitely over exposed here. And I haven't done body hair maintenance in weeks.).
So I'm going to make a concerted effort to change tone. Or rather to return to the tone of my heyday (did I have a heyday? January?) Less personal stuff (Unless it's a fun story from work or something... PS - Bob is officially gone, which means less awkward moments in the office. Thank God I was in LA on his last day; apparently he was giving teary goodbyes to everyone, and he had really taken a shine to me. I imagine there would have been a going away gift and requests to keep in touch with a phone number and an email address. Shudder.). Less whining. Much more "The President is an asshole" or "The Pope is a maniac" (possibly, hopefully "The President is in jail" or "The Pope is incapacitated". A girl can dream.). Promise.
Of course, I'm my favorite subject, so there's a good chance I'll find a way to subversively inject personal stuff. But I'm shooting for 50/50 here.
OK, 60/40. I'm pretty interesting, you have to admit.
70/30?

2 Comments:

Blogger A* said...

Nice to put my greeting by the self-absorbed comment!! :) You never miss a trick. I miss ya honey but totally understand your self-imposed exile. Whenever you need to talk you know that I am a phone call (and usually a few short blocks)away!!
MWA!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

As long as you rant occasionally, I'm a happy bitch.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home