February 15, 2005

Lots to Say, Part V: And Finally

Saw my first commercial for the new episode of The Simpsons this weekend, in which gay marriage is legalized in Springfield.
Now Fox, which airs such family friendly fare as Family Guy (don't get me wrong, I LOVE Peter Griffin, but just work with me here), The Simple Life, Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy, the Swan, and other completely morally bankrupt shit I wouldn't soil my eyeballs with even if the only alternative was watching a continuous loop of the homeless woman down the block give a lapdance to Al Roker while he eats a meatball sub garnished with catshit, decided that an episode of The Simpsons that may, god forbid, feature tepid cartoon boy love or the insinuation of sketched lesbianism is worthy of a written and spoken "This program may not be suitable for all viewers. Parental discretion is advised." warning.
In the immortal words of Helen Lovejoy, "The Children! Won't Somebody PLEASE Think of the Children!"
Fuck You Rupert Murdoch, and Homophobic Fox Executives. Fuck. You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home