July 11, 2005

Fancy Me

I got me a new iPod. A 20 gig, color screen, actually updates, shows album art, needs a name, fuck you up, plays so loud I can ignore my coworkers, traded in my old one for 10% off, shake my ass on the street, yes I'm singing along on the subway, substitute for a boyfriend, most important appliance I own, I couldn't afford it but I wanted it, new iPod. Bitches.
As some kind of odd twist of fate would have it, my download engine happened upon a VERY rare remix of a classic Diana Ross track: "The Boss". It's one of my favorite Junior tracks.
Not that the guy who spent several hundred thousand dollars on a legal education with a concentration in copyright law would be illegally downloading music or anything. Cause I would never illegally download music that I can buy. But most remixes I can't. So I have to seek them elsewhere.
I've been looking for this track for almost 2 years. I've had it in a constant search rotation. And it was the first song on my new iPod. I consider it a sign from God. Or something. Shut It.
I'm having trouble naming the new iPod though. The old one was simply "Dan's iPod" (And to think I've been having trouble with the novel...). This time around, Sister suggested "Surrogate Boyfriend".
Thoughts? I'm taking suggestions. If I use your name for my new iPod, I'll send you a photo of me with the iPod along with the candy bar of my choice and a CD copy of the above mentioned Diana Ross track (Tempting, I know....)

3 Comments:

Blogger deanne said...

Hm - I named my Shuffle 'Ichapod' - it's what I'd name an iPod too (IF I ever have enough money to actually buy one.)

6:31 AM  
Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Just call it, "Whooneedsaman"

12:11 PM  
Blogger Grend31 said...

BoiPod?

;)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home